Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Daffodils and rhubarb

This is a picture I took last spring, standing at the top of my driveway. I've been meaning to take some pictures of our wacky heirloom daffodils, but I've lost/misplaced the adaptor cord for my camera.

I just saw the sign back up (after it had been taken down for the winter) for the "U-Pick Rhubarb" a couple miles from my house. There's a family that has a huge patch (50 plants) of rhubarb in their backyard and charges 1.50/bunch. They define a "bunch" as a cluster of stalks that is six inches in diameter!

Last year I made rhubarb crisp, some strawberry rhubarb freezer jam, and about a gallon of rhubarb-infused vodka (that ultimately turned hot pink after a few weeks). I'm trying to decide if I should go and get some rhubarb later today with MiniMan (my toddler), but I think I'll probably wait since I'm working all day tomorrow.

I figure it's probably wise to fulfill my domestic urges right now, since in all likelihood, soon there will be comparatively a lot less time for anything other than working, sleeping, and studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment