Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

My husband rocks.

Last night, I was getting everything ready classes and setting it all on the kitchen counter before I packed it up. Wallet, important forms, notepad, glasses, diapers, extra clothes for MiniMan, etc. Of course, it didn't take long for MiniMan to pull a stool over to the counter and have a seat. I didn't think much of it, until he picked up my glasses and in one swift motion, broke them apart at the hinge.

I was too late this time. My glasses were literally in two pieces. I made a joking remark to my husband about now how people could really make fun of me for being nerdy, as I looked around for some tape to do a makeshift repair.

When I woke up this morning after my husband had already left for work, I found my glasses sitting on the counter, the hinge reshaped, held together with some kind of tacky clear glue. I wouldn't have to wear taped-together geek glasses on the first day of school! It's been a good day.

Note: this post comes to you from the campus of my large state university. I have attended two lectures and a discussion section, and everything is going great. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! so your transition was smooth after all. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, what a nice guy. Glad school is going well, sounds like it makes you happy :).

    ReplyDelete