Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Saab Strikes Back

I have been basking in this wonderful, sort of giddy feeling for the past few days about taking classes. I'm excited. It's hard to sleep. It's like Christmas Eve when you're five years old.

My husband just came home after borrowing my car and putting some gas in it. Turns out, it broke down AGAIN. I just don't get it. My car breaks down the day before classes start? You've got to be kidding me. I think this vehicle has bad karma or something. Our mechanic, who we have a super-friendly practically family relationship with has graciously offered to let me take one of his loaner cars to classes tomorrow. Meanwhile, though, financial disaster looms once again. Oh man.


2 comments:

  1. story of a student's life! you are not the only one...trust me! esp on that financial bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths. You guys will be ok. Besides, it's better not to have $ saved before med school starts. They'd take all of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete