Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I got discharged yesterday from the psych ward. I thought I wanted to get out, but now that I'm out, I feel worse. I had almost become comfortable locked in that cocoon, I guess.

You would think that something would have changed -- that I would change after spending a week in there; that maybe I'd feel better; that maybe I'd be more motivated to repair myself. I don't feel much differently at all. The gorge is still as tempting as ever. I still just want to sleep all day, all night, ad infinitum.

6 comments:

  1. oh, sweetheart... my heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that feeling. It was the worst. Worse than any physical pain I've ever had.
    This may sound silly, but I seriously got through the worst days watching puppies and kittens on you tube. Cute little animals were one of the few things that could penetrate my numbness. Have you changed medications? Augmented? Sometimes that takes a few days to level out.
    I hope you feel better soon. Hang in, it WILL get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've never commented here before, but I've been following your blog for a while. I just want to say that I admire your strength through all of this. Just remember- those dark thoughts are the result of a sickness. Don't give in! You'll get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Any thoughts of going back to the hospital until you feel ready to be out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. EG -- Hang in there. You'll feel better eventually. And if things aren't working tell your doctor so he/she can adjust your meds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. E., you are a beautiful woman who deserves to be well. You do not deserve these hard times you've been dealt. I will keep you in my thoughts, and encourage you to continue to share your own thoughts not only here, but with your physician as you travel the long and frustrating road to "better." Share, seek help if you even begin to suspect you need it, and be well. Best to you and yours.
    Headstrong

    ReplyDelete