Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

the bread is taking over

And I'm not sure what to do.  I looked down at my cutting board.  It was a mess of half-eaten and abandoned loaves (I counted seven).  

Here's yesterdays latest experiment:

my attempt at epis (French: "stalks" of wheat) and some bloated baguettes

















Today I made no bread.  Instead, I started to recycle the remnants.  I took two half-eaten loaves and stuck them in the freezer, and another, cubed and then froze.  I made croutons and maple bread pudding, which was supposed to be saved for after dinner tonight with friends, but after MiniMan's repeated attacks and requests, now has a good-sized chunk missing.  Oh well.  I guess that means it tastes good (at least to a toddler).

4 comments:

  1. yummy looking that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could share with a neighbor or family friend that might appreciate the extras? Or, if you felt compelled to move to DC and feed a salivating medical student (ahem), that would be OK too. Kidding on the last one...mostly.

    Seriously, E., your breads come out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...or send one to a geezer in the upper Midwest whose wife is a great cook, but doesn't bake. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. E-mail me your addresses and I'll see what I can do. I promise, no cyanide. elspeth.greene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete