Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

sometimes I think

I'm coming a little unglued.

It's not that I'm unhappy; I'm jovial now.

I was just sitting here reading, my eyelids drooped, my body slumped.  I only made it to page six.  I took my pills, walked up the stairs.

The air was too warm.  My pillow felt wrong.  The moment I hit the mattress I thought of you, Bridge.  I've dismissed and dismissed you again and again, but wouldn't tonight be so nice for a visit?

The pressure is constant to always say no, to reign myself in.  It wears me out.  

1 comment:

  1. Everything takes time, sweetheart. Everything. There are good days and bad days, and it seems like despite it all you're making it through the bad ones ok for right now. Keep working at it, even if it's wearing you down. I think your conscience tells you it's worth it, right?

    ReplyDelete