Friday, April 22, 2011
pasta with spinach ricotta pesto
I made this for dinner last night, and thought the recipe was worth sharing! It is not time-consuming to prepare, but does require a food processor.
-9 ounces of spinach, halved (I used one of those pre-washed bags)
-About 1/4 cup of ricotta
-About 1/4 cup chevre (goat cheese), cream cheese, or yogurt cheese
-1 garlic clove, pressed
-1 box pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
-Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat a large pot of water on the stove for your pasta.
2) Meanwhile, put the ricotta, cheese, garlic, and half the spinach in your food processor. Pulse until you have a pesto-like paste. If you have a small food processor, you may have to add the spinach in two stages.
3) Coarsely chop the remaining spinach. Set aside.
4) When your water is boiling, add the pasta and cook to desired tenderness.
5) Drain pasta, return to pot. Mix in spinach-ricotta pesto and coarsely chopped spinach. The spinach will wilt from the heat of the pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.