Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ugly

My parents called earlier today to tell me that my brother had called them late last night: he got engaged.  He didn't call me.

So what did I do?  I immediately sent him a congratulatory e-mail.

They're so happy and excited for him.  I'm not.  I hate him for telling my parents, but not me. I hate my parents for being happy for him, but not me (when I got married my father refused to attend the wedding).  I hate my mother for telling me to get an abortion when I was pregnant.  I'm selfish and immature and I hate everyone.

It pisses me off so much I want to throw my laptop at the wall.

8 comments:

  1. That actually sucks...I'm with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's obnoxious. I don't think I'd go to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know any back stories, but either way that's pretty brutal. We don't speak to one half of our family and haven't for almost 2 decades, so I know the feeling of division in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my brother had a falling out 2 days ago, of sorts (still trying to muster up courage to write about it on my blog)... I'm not going to his college graduation because of it. My parents say I'm wrong. They are BOTH taking time off to go to his, while they NEVER went to either of my college graduations. :( I feel hurt, offended, so I'm not going. I don't blame you one bit for your emotions. Not one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, reading this again several hours later just makes me laugh. Families can get so screwed up.

    My brother is actually great, but sometimes a little socially oblivious. The part that is more annoying is that my parents couldn't contain their excitement (that's the part that hurts, comparatively) long enough to wait for my brother to tell me himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. E.-I'm glad you're laughing about it now! But oh man, I'm so sorry. This sounds awful and undeserved. I do understand the family being CRAZY, though, so hold your head high and carry on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been an insensitive dipshit on occasion (I know it's hard to believe), but it was never intentional. I try to blame it on gender, but the reality is that I needed to think just a little longer. Hopefully your brother's upper brain will kick in.

    ReplyDelete