Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

still chugging along

All of a sudden, it seems like the childcare options have started to multiply.

My parents offered a few days ago to watch MiniMan for us (as a substitute for daycare) for the entire summer.  I'm sort of baffled.  I'm actually really confused about my relationship with them.  I'm used to them not being supportive at all or sort of passively being involved.  Maybe my father feels guilty for banishing me for the last three years or something. 

We also found another daycare that is about the same price as the other one.  It was also pretty close to home, safe, clean, and the lady who ran it was not scary and seemed very competent and fun.  The only downfall is it smelled like those artificial air fresheners and I had a headache by the time I left.  My husband said he was concerned about "exposure to solvents" (from the air fresheners, or cleaning supplies, or wherever this scent was originating).  I wonder if anyone was done studies on the adverse effects of "air fresheners."  They seem like one of those things that would just piss mother nature off.

So, things are okay.  I saw one of the day nurses from the ICU in the cafeteria yesterday.  Apparently all the day people think that I'm still working nights, there.  It seemed odd.  Usually the nurse managers there are quick to send some kind of mass e-mail alerting the entire staff to someone leaving (followed by party or food/alcohol destination).

I can't help but wonder if the lack of communication was some kind of alienating gesture.  I didn't expect a party or anything, but I thought that it might be worth mentioning that I was leaving.  Probably I'm overanalyzing...   

1 comment:

  1. That really great to hear about your parents. I hope they come around and are able to see you for who you are. Are you planning on taking them up on their offer to help?

    ReplyDelete