Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

this weekend

I sat in a MiniMan with my parents, my husband, and MiniMan.  We had decided to take a six-hour trip to visit my grandparents, my brother, and his fiance.

I didn't want to go, but my husband kept laying it on about how MiniMan deserved to meet his great grandparents (and he was right), so I decided to suck it up and smile.

The trip was fine.  MiniMan did really well.  I guess it was a success.

Everyone is doing so well: my grandparents (who are in their 90s and independent), my parents (who just bought a second house with four bathrooms), and my brother, who is wildly successful in his likely multimillion dollar business (he has it rough because he has to travel a lot and take red-eyes).

I probably should feel happy for them, but instead I'm just bitter.

Everything seems so bleak for us right now.

1 comment: